After 3 years of studying Graphic Design and Advertising at BNU I am apparently just about ready to enter the Big Bad World of work. This is possibly the scariest but most exciting time of my life! I've taken the decision to record my upcoming adventures so I can read back and remember them when I'm living in my little cottage by the sea when I'm 80 and it's raining and there's nothing better to do.
Also, this could sound very big-headed and self-important, but it could be a useful read for other 'designers-to-be' when they are just about to come up to this stage of adrenalin-fueled sleeplessness of uni work and job searches. The only things I've heard said (over and over again) about leaving uni and getting a job are along the lines of "Send out loads of CVs and wait and see what happens". But how do you know who to send them to? What are the good and bad ways of going about it? What happens if someone actually says "Come in and show us your portfolio then"?...
...I'm about to find out.
...I'm scared.

I'm looking forward to keeping up with your adventures.
ReplyDeleteWhere will the cottage be?
Mister