Thursday, 11 August 2011

suitcases, suitcases everywhere and not a holiday to go on


eBay is very dangerous, kids. It's like when my boyfriend goes out to buy milk and comes back with milk and beer and out-of-date sandwiches and buy-one-get-one-free biscuits.

Suddenly thanks to my cross-stitch fever and an over-generous Nan I had a load of sewing materials to store somewhere in my room so I decided to buy a sewing box. A sensible idea!…

A nice sewing box does not exist in this world.

Not everyone who sews has bad taste, a liking for floral patterns or is blind (yes, be quiet. I am blind. But only half so it doesn't count!)

My clever solution was to buy a small vintage suitcase from eBay to keep my things in. I already had a few on the top of my wardrobe with other random junk in so it'd fit in well.

However, my tightfisted ways meant I couldn't see the logic in buying one small vintage suitcase for around £30………when I could get 5 of varying sizes for £50! Hideous padded floral box or a large quantity of vintage amazingness? The choice was made when I accidentally on purpose made sure I won the cases by the old 'adding-one-penny-to-a-sensible-maximum-bid' trick. Ha.






It was only slightly mortifying when the man from the postroom had to bring them all to my desk at work in a massive package about a week later. Hmm.
Never mind. I got them home by taking them one by one on the tube in rush hour with the satisfaction they were definitely better than the suitcases dragged along by all the tourists. I can't imagine people in 60 years time having M&S wheelie suitcases on display in their bedrooms…But what do I know? People think it's cool to wear 80's clothes…

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmmm ........ a suitable case for treatment I think.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Graphic designer trying to make it in the grown-up world without growing up.